Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back on the Wagon

So I apparently haven't posted since January of last year. I didn't think it'd been that long, but alas things have passed by me rather quickly. A family update...

Jake deployed to Camp Arifjan Kuwait May 17, 2007. Stephen Davis McDonald joined our family a month early on August 1, 2007 weighing 6 lbs. 13 oz. and 22 inches. The children and I spent Thanksgiving and Christmas in Utah. We returned 2 weeks before Jake's mid-tour leave. He managed to be home for his & the twins (3rd) birthdays. His parents joined us for the 1st half of his visit home and we blessed Stephen.

Jake returned to Kuwait and we returned to our routine. No major events of note happened in the spring, just the usually craziness. The kids' last day of school was May 30th and I started praying I'd survive the summer and potty training the twins. So far Mikey's doing pretty well, but Evey has little interest. A family funeral sent the children and I to Utah over the 4th of July for 2 weeks.

Now we are home and prepairing for Jake's return after 15 months of deployement. The children are starting to sense the nearness of his return. We are counting down with a paper-link chain. It is so tiny now compaired to where we started. I have no idea where this summer went, but I'm glad Jake's deployment is drawing to a close.

In addition, I can't wait for the kids to restart school. I love haing them home, but miss the routine school provides. It is also more difficult for me in the summer with Jake gone - it seems my babysitters make a fortune while I run to the grocery store and do errands. Anyway, James will be starting Kindergarden, the twins will return to pre-school 3 days a week, and Stephen will start pre-school 1 day a week.

So that pretty much brings this up to date for our family. Hope yours are doing well. God Bless!

No comments: