Saturday, August 05, 2006

Happy Lady

Hi Everyone,

So I'm a happy lady today. First and foremost because my husband was able to come home for the weekend. For all of you who don't know he's still working at Ft. Stewart, GA and the kid's and I are up in Fayetteville, NC which is about 4 1/2 hours away. He arrived last night and will be with us until late Monday afternoon as they have a long weekend.

The other good news is that they finally have their personel orders and Jake should start out-processing from Ft. Stewart on August 13th which means he could be permanently here with the kids and I as soon as August 20th. I'm really looking forward to having him here with us again.

I'm also thankful that his back seems to be mending. He's pretty much back to normal as long as he remembers to take his muscle relaxant. Hopefully he won't even need that soon. Last night I gave him a good back massage and he forgot to take his meds, but managed to sleep pretty well. He didn't take another dose until this morning.

The other good news is that the kids and I went to a neighborhood playgroup on Thursday and got to know some of our neighbors. We've been invited to a cookout this evening and I'm looking forward to it. Prior to this home we've never lived in a neighborhood that I felt comfortable associating with the people around us. Not that they were "bad" neighborhoods, just that I didn't have anything in common with most of the people who lived around us. Anyway, it's a nice change.

Fayetteville has really been good to us. I love our home, our neighborhood, and how close everything is. It's nice to live in a real city again, but it's also nice that it's not overwhelmingly huge. There's also so much available for the kids to do. I was looking at the youth center on post and they have classes for the kids - like dance, gymnastics, karate, swimming lessons, ect. - even for the little ones.

I also really like the children's museum here. We bought a family pass for the year because the kids like it so much. Also the museum brings in people on Saturdays to do special activities for the kids, and it's all included in our family pass.

So basically, I'm a happy lady. I'm enjoying our new home and am just plan greatful to my Heavenly Father for pooring out his blessings upon us. May He bless you too.

Elizabeth

No comments: