Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Lost the Baby

Hello Everyone,

Unfortunately I have some sad news to share. I ended up miscarrying our baby. Two days after I took the positive pregnancy test I started spotting. I called my Dr. and he said that sometimes when the placenta stregnthens it's attachement in the uterus there can be a light spotting. When it became a little more period like, he told me that given my history of 3 miscarriages before James, I was probably going to miscarry again. Also, he said if the bleeding continued for more than 4 days without passing the fetus, or if I had sever cramping I needed to go to the ER for an ultrasound and possibly a D&C. Otherwise he'd just see me at my appointment on the 7th and do a pelvic exam and give me a RhoGam shot. (I'm Rh negative.)

My best friend, Cara arrived Sunday night to visit for the week and help me out. She was out here a few weeks ago, and had problems with the airlines so they gave her vouchers. When we talked that afternoon she told me she was loading the kids up and heading to the airport to come out. I ended up passing the fetus during that night. Since then my bleeding and cramping have stopped, and I'm just trying to get back to normal.

I know that God had a hand in everything. I figure that there must of be a reason we had a miscarrage; and he knew Jake would be gone so he arranged for Cara to be able to be here with me.

Anyway, I'm doing okay and it is wonderful to have my best friend here with me. I had a priesthood blessing given during all of this and felt there was a special spirit waiting for us, but that my body needed to go through this process before I could be ready. So I know all will be okay and that it won't be long before we can annouce baby news again. We're going to give my body a few months rest before we start trying though.

Thank you so much for all of your love and support. I know many of you have been praying for us, and it is greatly appreciated. The kids are doing well, and we will have Jake here with us for good in 2 weeks. May God Bless You All!

Love,
Elizabeth (Jake, James, Mikey, & Evey)

No comments: