Thursday, August 10, 2006

Love our neighbors

Okay, so I know in the bible we are taught to love our neighbors as ourselves. Well, up until now I haven't exactly struggled with that, but then again there was no love lost between us when we moved. I probably sound like a snob saying this, but in our previous neighborhoods we've always been from very different backgrounds, and really had nothing in common with our neighbors.

Anyway, that has now changed. I love our new home, our neighborhood, and our wonderful neighbors. We've joined a playgroup with several of the women who live very near us and it's fabulous. The other ladies and I have similar standards, our children have manners and are disciplined, and we're from similar socio-economical backgrounds. All our kids play well together. I just really couldn't have asked for a better group of women/families.

I know that our move here has been blessed by the Lord. We have so much to be greatful for, and I find myself wanting to shout from the roof tops- HURRAY! My only wish is that Jake will be able to join us here soon. He now has his personel orders and should be arriving around the end of August, or begining of September. Until then we'll enjoy our few weekends together and be greatful for the many blessings in our lives.

-Elizabeth

No comments: